Mass vaccination against COVID-19 started in Kazakhstan on February 1
Mass vaccination against COVID-19 started in Kazakhstan on February 1. The Sputnik V vaccine is used. Russia has completed the 3rd stage of clinical trials, the results have been published in the authoritative journal “Ланцет”. The vaccine is a solution for intramuscular injection, to be injected in 2 stages – 1st component and 2nd components every 21 days. This scheme of administration allows you to form immunity for 2 years.
Indications for vaccination:
- Healthy people.
- Age from 18 to 65 years old.
- Patients with chronic diseases in remission (without exacerbations).
Those who have had COVID are vaccinated after 6 months.
- Body temperature over 37 at the time of vaccination.
- Acute infectious and non-infectious diseases, medical recusal 2-4 weeks
- Chronic diseases in the stage of exacerbation and decompensation.
- Allergic reactions (anaphylactic shock, Quincke’s edema) to any vaccines in history.
- Age under 18 years old and over 65 years old.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Contraindications for component 2, if with the introduction of 1 component there were such reactions – anaphylactic shock, Quincke’s edema, convulsive syndrome, temperature over 40 C.
Before vaccination against COVID-19, it is forbidden to drink alcohol for 3 days, because even a small amount of alcohol has an immunosuppressive effect.
After vaccination, it is recommended:
1) Limit physical activity (take a bath; go to saunas, swimming pools).
2) Observe precautions – do not visit crowded places, keep a distance, wear masks, because immunity is formed up to 42 days.
3) Eat a balanced diet with a predominance of vegetables, fruits, and a sufficient amount of protein.